Conservatory foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya ive been given a conservatory and have a raised concrete area outside my kitchen, the area will need to be extended by 24 inches out and across to get to the edges of the base.

The conservatory is full length glass would anyone know what is the best area to leave further out from the conservatory as this may stop everything due to a small allowance out from the area before hitting a concrete shed .

there will be land on either side with side doors of the conservatory and then a wide stair case down from patio front doors to lower garden So it will be close to the ledge.

I know their may be planning permission involved in the extension of the concrete area but besides that any has anyone an idea of the area allowance.

many thanks
OJ

Sponsored Links
i personally would not plonk a connie onto a cast concrete base, and i certainly would not leave any of the base protruding beyond the connie sill.

i would dig and cast a strip foundation, build up to dpc in bricks, forming the base exactly to the size of the connie.
this way the connie sill drip protects from damp ingress.

Hi noseall thanks for the reply.

I cant actually dig down as the concrete is very thick so i would need to call in builders anyway :(.

i've found a man who works for a conservatory company to come and look, so praying for some good news..

I will see if i can find a picture of the space on the pc., i do appreciate the guidance given on here as it gives some info to help know what I should be hearing in discusstions with companys quoting work.

(the conservatory I wouldnt mind at all if it had to be used as a outhouse/greenhouse with no carpet as i have a lot of hobbies I cant do indoors and trying to store it all is a nightmare)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back