Conservatory planning permission ( Brick Wall problem )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are planning on having a conservatory build starting next Monday so I went round to see the neighbours and they are not happy about it.

We have a brick wall garage one side so we decided to brick the right side wall so it looks the same. The wall will be a fall wall and be 3m wide. Is there a max high we can go? I think the builder said it will be level with the top of the bottom floor windows.

The conservatory in total is going to be 5m wide and go out 3m.

We live in a newish semi.

I am going to speak to building control today to check but my building said everything is fine and we don't need planning permission.

My neighbour wants me to put a row of windows and not have the brick wall so high. I really doubt this will make a big difference to him it just means i can see in his garden. I really don't fancy doing this and I don't talk to them much but I don't really want any problems.

What are you views?

Our gardens are about 10m long.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do what you like if no permission is required.

If you are happy to meet the neighbours request, then is he happy to pay for the difference in cost?

Do what you like if no permission is required.

If you are happy to meet the neighbours request, then is he happy to pay for the difference in cost?

no permission is required iff you comply with the high glass content but in this case there will be insufficiant glass so will require planning

# At least half of the new wall and three quarters of the roof is either glazed or translucent material
# The conservatory is separated from the house by external quality door(s).

3m maximum height within 2m off the boundery

Sponsored Links
no permission is required iff you comply with the high glass content but in this case there will be insufficiant glass so will require planning

Glass content has nothing to do with planning [permission], and the OP has had an answer from b/regs people and it is fine :cool:

Glass content has nothing to do with planning [permission], and the OP has had an answer from b/regs people and it is fine :cool:
well as you know woody i do get confused between building and planning and now it seems permitted development :D :D
i would never disagree with what you say as a bench joiner i don't get out much lol

i only say if i think you are like me have "senior moments" where complete simplicity turns into complete confusion and gibberish :D :D

How about a nice plaque for the workshop ....

"Planning permission = what can be built. Building regulations = how to build it"

Senior moment s are OK as long as the moments don't turn into minutes .... or hours :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back