conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

just looked at the wiring in my conservatory its a spur taken from the living room ring to a fcu 5 amp then it go,s to a ds,but this spur all so feed the light, is this ok,all do i need to add a 3 amp fcu to the light spur where it splits from the 5 amp spur.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds suspiciously like a spur from a spur which isn't allowed. You should really have a 13A fused spur unit (FSU) with the feed from the ring connected to the feed terminals and the 5A FSU and the D/S connected onto the load side.

Sounds suspiciously like a spur from a spur which isn't allowed. You should really have a 13A fused spur unit (FSU) with the feed from the ring connected to the feed terminals and the 5A FSU and the D/S connected onto the load side.

Or is the D/S on the load side of the 5A FSU?

Sponsored Links
It's a bit underrated for a socket is 5A, you run the risk of someone replacing the fuse with a 13A if plugging a heater in blows the 5A fuse.

this is why i think i have to put a new fsu in and run the lights from that so i can uprate the fuse to the d/s to 13 and not melt the light cable

OK, so it will be fed like this:

[code:1]

Ring
| Lights
| |
|_______13A FSU_______5A FSU
| |__________Double Socket
|
Ring

[/code:1]

at the moment it looks like that with out the 5 amp fsu ,when i put a new fsu in it will look the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back