Constant running pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can you help me? I have a baxi Solo 3 Boiler and a Grundfos 15-60 pump, the other night I got woken by a load banging noise coming from my CH I turn off the system until morning,

When I turn it back on the same thing was happening so I turned up the pump to speed 3 to push the air out and it worked.

However, ever since this has happened my CH pump will not turn off unless I turn it off by the Programme or mains also the heating does not seem to be working was well as it used to, I have to turn the speed to number 3 maxi just to warm the down stairs rad, also if i leave the the pump running on speed 2 it warms upstairs rad even though the rad thermo is off.

Can you help me or at least steer me in any direction :D

Sponsored Links
have you two of these
imapo.jpg

or one of these

imagesug.jpg

be near the pump

check your motorised valve as this can cause the symtems you have described.

i would turn the pump back to 1or2 as you will most lickley be adding air to your system and causing future problems

HI BingoBongo

I have two of them the top one (is that the two way valve)?

Sponsored Links
check the heating one.
maybe jammed open or the micro switch is stuck inside.
their is a lever on the end does it have resistance if you try to push it across ?

check the heating one.
maybe jammed open or the micro switch is stuck inside.
their is a lever on the end does it have resistance if you try to push it across ?
No it moves freely back and forth, however I have even taken this off for several hours from the valve and the problem still accures.
When I move the lever should the back part where it attaches to the valve move around?

No it moves freely back and forth,
that tells me the valve is jammed open.

however I have even taken this off for several hours from the valve and the problem still accures.
When I move the lever should the back part where it attaches to the valve move around?

whats the make of the valve ?

No it moves freely back and forth,
that tells me the valve is jammed open.

however I have even taken this off for several hours from the valve and the problem still accures.

whats the make of the valve ?
Pass I will have to check when I get home tonight, all I can say is it has a blue case

the motor unit itself in the blue part can be still jammed or microswitch faulty even though you removed it. thats where the wires etc connect and
if jammed will still give out a signal to fire the boiler.

on the brass body their is a spindle that the top part sits on check that that moves ok.

the lever on the end of the valve should have resistance when the valve is closed.

the motor unit itself in the blue part can be still jammed or microswitch faulty even though you removed it. thats where the wires etc connect and
if jammed will still give out a signal to fire the boiler.

on the brass body their is a spindle that the top part sits on check that that moves ok.

the lever on the end of the valve should have resistance when the valve is closed.

Hi ya
Yes the spindle on the valve moves ok a quarter of a turn and yes there is some resistance on the lever of the motor valve when I push it to one end it comes back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back