consumer unit

Sponsored Links
Always makes me chuckle when you see this, nice wood board stood off the wall to mount the cu on & some twonk uses a hatchet & chops the bottom out of the cu housing for entry of the tails.
Why not take the tails behind the board & enter the cu from above or through the back, it doesnt take that much longer.

Personally I find a 25mm hole saw is a nice fit for 2no. 25mm² double insulated tails, and 1no. 16.0mm² single insulated earth.

Drilled in the bottom left corner of this board.

IMGP1347.jpg

Personally I find a 25mm hole saw is a nice fit for 2no. 25mm² double insulated tails, and 1no. 16.0mm² single insulated earth.

At the risk of sounding like a brown-noser :oops: I must say that CU is very neat & tidy RF. I guess that you took the Supply cables straight out of the back of the unit, behind the mounting board ?

So that is OK then ? I'm glad about that because it's what I would like to do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back