Control gear direct cu any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just looking at this for the workshop,

http://www.controlgeardirect.co.uk/garage2.html

The price is £25.69 which includes the 63A RCCB. This is vastly cheaper than anything else i've looked at. Its got all the BSEN numers, but is there a reason for the price, build quality etc?

Any opinions appreciated,

cheers

Sponsored Links
You get what you pay for!
I prefer to stick with the makes that I know are half decent build quality, I quite like Square D or Merlin Gerin (now Schneider). Hager are OK too.

yeah, good value for money, demans stock them. rcbos are cheap as chips too.

Thanks for reply. mcbs £1.78!

I wasn't intending on buying the cheapest or trying to cut corners but it does look great value. In cases like this I never know if you actually get any more 'safety' for you money when buying more expensive stuff. Or its just the build quality, thicker plastic, better quality screws etc..

Sponsored Links
I've got something similar at the mo, MK I think. But I need to have 3 mcbs as I need a direct supply for my new air compressor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back