Controlable External Lighting

But then the joke would not scan. to get the gist of it try putting "dementia" after the second of your censored words!! But I think even the first would be for the chop.....

Sponsored Links
ok... can i just clarify, are the pir's that are included in a halogen + pir likely to work as multiples?? i am planning on working a project with 2 of these halogen + pir units, so as to keep costs down... and i kinda want to have it so that the pir that "sees" the back gate will turn on the light above the garden, as well as the one on the gate.. and vice versa - as the pir on the "over garden" light is on the back door... and i would also like an override switch involved, too!! please reply quickly, someone - as i would like to start if not finish this project tomorrow.. thanks in advance!!
Alex.
Also, i only have Wilkinson, Focus, and Homebase near me, so any parts will have to come from there...

Friedland Superswitch Maxifloods certainly do, and I would have thought any PIR/flood combi that has a switched live terminal (sometimes marked L1) would too. But bear in mind that if you link passives, both (or all) lights will come on simultaneously - can the circuit cope?

why not have a separate pir and light, not necesarily a flood light. after all i doubt you will be wanting to play football, so a bulkhead with a 60 watt lamp will be fine to see by, and as for where to get parts, you obviously have internet access, try tlc or screwfix

Sponsored Links
the lights are already purchased, but they are only 150w... would the circuit be able to cope with this ok?? i assume it would... as i have seen it done before...
And i can confirm that the £8.50(ish) flood + pir from Argos have a switched live, and work with an override switch, so should thereby work together, with 2 pirs!
thanx in advance, Alex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back