Converting Brisk Outbuilding to an Office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a brick shed in the garden which is single skin (4 inch) brick wall, pitched and tiled roof and a concrete floor. Doesn't look as though the walls have a DPC.

I'm looking for suggestions for what to do with the walls to keep any damp out, insulate them and give a surface to paint for a decent finish. There's no hint of damp at the moment but there's no heat source in there currently.

Have read a whole load of posts and conversations on a number of different websites about dabbing, batons, plastic sheeting etc. and am somewhat confused.

I'm interested in anyone's views on how to tackle this to give a good finish and minimum upkeep (i.e. doesn't need to be the absolute cheapest I just want to try to avoid having to deal with damp problems later).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back