Cooker and hob fitting advice needed

Maybe so ,but i don't think anyone in this country would go to all that trouble to fit a 16amp socket ?
They probably wouldn't.

Such sockets contravene the Wiring Regulations anyway.

also one could argue that bosch don't really take the UK in to account when making these hobs.
It's a Bosch.

It is designed to go into houses which have 16A socket circuits, i.e. mainland Europe.

It is not designed to go into houses which have 32A socket circuits with 13A fused plugs, i.e. the UK.

Also as stated ,the protection is really for the cable and not the hob
In theory.

Must be tempting for a maker to shave costs by not including any internal protection if he's specced 16A external...

,if there is a fault the consumer would trip before anything major happened .
In theory...

Also all hobs i have come across will take 6mm cable .
This is a 2.3kW oven.

Sponsored Links
Also as stated ,the protection is really for the cable .
That is true and if your oven and hob were one, i.e. a cooker, you would have no alternative and it is doubtful anything inside either would be different.

It is also dependent on whether Bosch's requirement for 16A is a minimum or a maximum.

Having just read the installation instructions, they state that the the 'national regulations apply'. Which means it should be installed according to BS7671. No mention of specific fusing requirements, so direct connection to a 32A protected (dual) cooker outlet using 4mm cable would be fine.

They do prohibit a 13A plug and a 13A fuse. Don't know why. Probably generic instructions covering higher power stuff.

The European oven instructions I have read specify, if anything, a 16A minimum circuit proctective device.

Sponsored Links
Having just read the installation instructions, they state that the the 'national regulations apply'. Which means it should be installed according to BS7671. No mention of specific fusing requirements, so direct connection to a 32A protected (dual) cooker outlet using 4mm cable would be fine.

They do prohibit a 13A plug and a 13A fuse. Don't know why. Probably generic instructions covering higher power stuff.

The European oven instructions I have read specify, if anything, a 16A minimum circuit proctective device.
Thanks for the clarification.

@ban-all-sheds meant to say oven not hobb :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back