COOKER CONNECTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP, I SHALL BE TAKING DELIVERY OF A ZANUSSI ZCE755OW ELECTRIC COOKER, CAN I WIRE IT IN MYSELF, AND IF SO IS IT EASY, I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY INVALIDATE THE GARANTEE BY DOING SO, IS THIS TRUE.

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
Where is it going & what are you going to make your electrical connection to?

Have you got a cooker control unit in your kitchen? What rating fuse feeds it? What rating cooker is it?

hi,folks
it will be connected to existing 30amp cooker cuicuit, thats not the problem, its the cooker end i am worried about, and any new legislation regarding DIY
cheers keith

Sponsored Links
If the new one is a free standing cooker , then there should be a connector unit between the switch & the cooker which should be fixed to the back wall at about 300mm from the floor.

If you are replacing an existing cooker with an equivalent one and not providing any new fixed cabling then it is not notifiable under part p if that is what you are worried about?

thanks for everybodys help, but so far nobody has answered my main questions, in original post DOES it efect my quarantee if i conect, in second post, where are the connections on this cooker model. as looking at a cooker book , in currys, under instulation ,it read, must be hard wired by qualified electrician, or it will invalidate guarantee, IS THIS THE LAW NOW

keith51 said:
thanks for everybodys help, but so far nobody has answered my main questions, in original post DOES it efect my quarantee if i conect, in second post, where are the connections on this cooker model. as looking at a cooker book , in currys, under instulation ,it read, must be hard wired by qualified electrician, or it will invalidate guarantee, IS THIS THE LAW NOW
Criminal law? Consumer law? Ohms law? No!!! Sod's law? Probably!!! :D

keith51 said:
...so far nobody has answered my main questions, in original post DOES it efect my quarantee ... as looking at a cooker book , in currys, under instulation ,it read, must be hard wired by qualified electrician, or it will invalidate guarantee, IS THIS THE LAW NOW

You've answered your own question.

If the manufacturer's instructions require you to engage a professional then you will be in breach of the terms and conditions of their warranty if you do it yourself. To prove it was done professionally you will need to have a Minor Works Certificate.

(By the way, this has nothing to do with any actual regulations regarding domestic installation work.)

If it´s a fan assisted oven and come fitted with a 13Amp plug and you cut it off this could void the guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back