Cooker extractor and building regs

Sym

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right forum. We have a new cooker in the chimney brest and an extractor above it. We have had the builder knock a whole in the old chimney (i.e. open it up) so we can attach the extractor hood above the cooker and let it blow into the old chimney. The kitchen people have come and that say the whole is not quite big enough, so the builder has sent his man to make it a bit bigger and he says it needs to be 75cm above the cooker (which it is not as the builder lowered the chimney with plasterboard)

Is he right ???

cheers

Sponsored Links
Two points strike me here. First, the vent duct for the hood should be taken to the outside, not terminated in the breast.

Second, the fitting instructions will tell you how far away from the hob the unit should be mounted.

1. it re circulates the air so it does not actually blow into the chimney
2. The kitchen people will be fitting it after the whole is made bigger and so i do not have the instructions. they have not commented on the gap so i presume they know what they are doing - but you never know ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back