Cooker Extractors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone come across a cooker extractor unit that doesn't have the outlet on top? I see lovely pictures of units without chimneys but they're always running in re-circulation mode and that's not very effective. What I would like is one of these funky new flat panel jobs, specifically an Elica Ascent, but I'd like to vent it outside but without a chimney. So, anyone know any similar device which vents directly out the back? Not sure if this is 'electrics' really - apologies

Sponsored Links
They exist, some are a little bulkier than the standard hood, to allow for the exhaust, but there are the visor types that have both top and rear venting facility.
If you google "rear vent range hoods", you can search from there.

Chimney hoods dont always run recirculating. Mine is vented outside. I built a suspended ceiling to faciitate the ductwork and downlights.

Sponsored Links
My old house kitchen extractor vented out the back or on top and came with a blanking plug and also you had to move a selector lever on the inside to direct it to the top or rear exit (Bowden cable adjustment)

It was a hotpoint but not sure which model number. At least it shows they do exist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back