Cooker & Hob wired in

Again you are strictly correct to feel uncertain - but the answer to the OP's question would only be "no" if you think that the hob should have been connected via an FCU - which would very rarely be either appropriate or safe.
There are hobs rated at 13A or less, and ovens rated at 20A or more. We don't even know if these are gas or electric appliance?

So why are my questions, being questioned, they seem perfectly reasonable to me.

This thread has been answered purely on assumptions, so why not ask the OP for clarity?

Sponsored Links
Ok. I do see your point but the OP has just had a kitchen fitted and was merely asking about the usage - not rating - of the switches.

This thread has been answered purely on assumptions, so why not ask the OP for clarity?
You have asked - and if the OP provides clarity, and if, by any remote chance, that clarity alters the answers to the OP's question that have already been offered, I am sure that the OP will be duly updated.

Kind Regards, John

Given that the 'installer' has also jammed a cross head screw I wonder what other short cuts he has taken !

Sponsored Links
You have asked - and if the OP provides clarity, and if, by any remote chance, that clarity alters the answers to the OP's question that have already been offered, I am sure that the OP will be duly updated.
Or just been happy to take the first answer they got and are never seen again!

The OP was surprised. And asked a question.

With many new ovens having a 13A plug, what the electrician has done isn't obviously wrong, which is what the OP wanted to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back