cooker position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a council property,and have been informed by a friend that as my cooker point is next to the sink it would not be safe! also the cooker space is also positioned in the corner, is this correct. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
jarjay said:
i live in a council property,and have been informed by a friend that as my cooker point is next to the sink it would not be safe!
There are no rules, only guidelines, best practices etc. If the switch can get splashed, or you can't remember not to use it with wet hands, then no, it isn't safe.

also the cooker space is also positioned in the corner, is this correct. :confused: :confused:
Not sure what your worry is here.

Apart from being awkward in the corner, no prob. The only hazard I can see is cookers near windows with curtains.

jarjay said:
i live in a council property,and have been informed by a friend that as my cooker point is next to the sink it would not be safe! also the cooker space is also positioned in the corner, is this correct. :confused: :confused:

I, too, live in a council property and we are about to have our kitchen refurbished. The designer has said that there are new regulations regarding positioning the electric cooker, but doing some research because i do not want my cooker re-positioning, I can find no mention of such regulations just some saftey advice.

Moderator,

See Forum rules 7, 13 & 14a. You can put your e-mail on your profile, try not to use your main e-mail address for protection reasons.

Sponsored Links
Ask him to tell you what the regulations are. Not what he thinks they say, but what the name of the regulation(s) is/are, e.g. "The Cooker Positioning Regulations 1873", or whatever.

The cooker should be positioned exactly where your misses wants it. That saves a hell of a lot of trouble in the future. That regulation is the most powerful one you ever come across and god help you if you get it wrong!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back