installing my cooker????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone tell me if there is any guidelines/ rules to where i want my electric cooker point to go..... i live in a council property and im having a new kitchen fitted but i dont want the cooker where it already is, i wanted closer tomy back door, does it have to be so far away as i have had an electric point installed for my cooker of a pro and now the council sayi cant have it there as im breaking the law..... any info would be great thanks Amy...... :oops:

Sponsored Links
There is a building regulation that covers the proximity of gas cookers/hobs to doors & opening windows(draughts blowing the flames or things onto the flames). I am not sure if it applies to electric cookers or not but suspect it probably does due to the heat source , but someone will give you a definitive answer no doubt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back