cooker wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Anyone give advice? I am not totally green when it comes to electrics- i have done most of my ownand still do, the problem is my uncle phoned me earlier saying he had wired up his new cooker with 6mm cable but every time he switched on it was tripping out. I was trying to help him out over the phone but then he said" AH Is see what i've done, I put the earth wire to wrong connection at the cooker end. Now he says he has re-wired it correctly but there is no power at all. would his previous mistake damaged the cooker?

Sponsored Links
Possibly. I'm not sure if cookers have any sort of internal fuse to protect them in this scenario but I'm guessing they would.

It is also possible that it is still wired up incorrectly but just in another way.

Need a bit more info really. ;)

No offense intended, but if he gets the earth wire in the wrong terminal then he probably needs someone with a little more experience there in person to lend a hand. Best pay him a visit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back