cooking an egg and other questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the middle of a kitchen re-fit and am trying to think of ways to cook myself some boiled eggs...

do you think that I could boil an egg in the deep fat fryer?

or what about steaming it in the vegie steamer?

or how about putting it in a pyrex bowl full of water in the microwave?

as for the other question...

I have got some free DVD's from the daily sport magazine... however, only the first chapter is free and the others you need to ring up to get a pin to unlock the dvd.. is there any way round this?

Sponsored Links
ColJack said:
I have got some free DVD's from the daily sport magazine... however, only the first chapter is free and the others you need to ring up to get a pin to unlock the dvd.. is there any way round this?

LOL, call from work, let them pay for the call. Still, the DVD surely can't be that good can it, just like the soft stuff you get on Television X and the like?

As for boiling an egg, I like the kettle idea - just make sure you've got enough water in the kettle so it don't boil dry!

Do the eggs have to be boiled? Why not scramble them in the microwave?

you can't separate out the whites if you scramble them can you???

egg whites are protein only.. not fats or colesterol etc.. great snacks for my diet..

Sponsored Links
you can cook a "boiled" egg in a steamer. Some hotels provide these in the breakfast room so guests can cook their own, fresh. You will need to experiment with the timer.

I do mine in the steamer all the time.

10 mins for hard boiled.
8 mins for a bit runny ;)

Don't forget to save energy and wrap some bacon round the nozzle at the same time.

tim west said:
Don't forget to save energy and wrap some bacon round the nozzle at the same time.
Doesn't that feel uncomfortable? :confused:

tim west said:

thpigs.jpg

:LOL:

there's no stopping you now :LOL: just don't crash photobucket's server with an overload of piccy's :)

Sponsored Links
Back