Copper cylinder scrap value?

My understanding is that all soldered/braised/painted/used copper is classed as Braziery? Has been every time I've gone to weigh in. The only other is 'clean' copper which attract the highest prices.
your getting ripped off then if they are classing painted /used pipe as braziery even soldered fittings doesn`t usually affect price all classed as heavy copper . Purely when there is brass fittings on it at all our local scrappies do they the class it as braziery

. cylinders have a certain price as well which is above braziery worst case is if lagged they knock off 2 kilo .
Lead wash heat exchangers out of boilers also have there own price per kilo

Sponsored Links
yep and heavy copper is 70p more at £6.10 so soon adds up
Oh I quite agree, but all copper, unless it is clean and unused could be classed as brazier. If you check most metal merchants they all say the same ... so I don't think I've been getting ripped off.

Sponsored Links
Oh I quite agree, but all copper, unless it is clean and unused could be classed as brazier. If you check most metal merchants they all say the same ... so I don't think I've been getting ripped off.
and as i previously said all the scrappies around my way dont it is classed as heavy copper 98%

I don't understand then, why do all the scrappies that I can find classify it as brazier?? As well as the 2 I take it to. What's so different about yours?
possibly ours are more honest and dont take the pish ;)

possibly ours are more honest and dont take the pish ;)
Perhaps ... though there are only so many to go to and these 2 are the best priced dealers this side of Glasgow. It's only with the old used pipe, all the rest is priced differently, especially the cylinders.

It's brass fittings on copper that drop the price to braziery.
All other copper pipe, whether soldered, painted etc etc is classed as heavy/clean.

We stockpile ours and wait for good prices. Generally 2 or 3 ton a time.

It's brass fittings on copper that drop the price to braziery.
All other copper pipe, whether soldered, painted etc etc is classed as heavy/clean.

We stockpile ours and wait for good prices. Generally 2 or 3 ton a time.
Must have a big old yard to store that lot in- I get fed up tripping over 100kg of the stuff!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back