Copper pipe on wall outside my bro's flat

You can't do anything without permission
Unfortunately you can, which is why you're able to come on here spouting crap

If I want to grow Ivy up the wall I can only do so with permission
Nobody in their right minds would grow ivy up a wall, it's too hard to keep under control

That pipe would only operate if the expansion vessel stopped operating
Or if the temperature in the cylinder got too high

Sponsored Links
If I want to grow Ivy up the wall I can only do so with permission
Nobody in their right minds would grow ivy up a wall, it's too hard to keep under control
But somebody who:
is not the brightest bulb in the pack.
has no taste
has no common sense
and does all kinds of odd things,
somebody like that would.

If you ever have a problem passing water, just read some of Joe's posts, that will cure it.

A painting on a wall with permission is a mural.

A painting on a wall without permission is graffiti.

You NEED permission. Geddit yet?

A painting on a wall with permission is a mural.

A painting on a wall without permission is graffiti.

You NEED permission. Geddit yet?

An idiot in a forum is not welcome... Geddit yet?

Sponsored Links
Stardanny
Just read your question form yesterday the diffrence between the T&P and the PRV is simply this the T&P Operates on excess temperature or Pressure the PRV operates on excess pressure only it is usually sightlyt lower rated than the T&P and it is installed in the cold feed after the pressure reducing valve (Quite often on a Hydroblock unit) if the PRV lifts, only COLD water is discharged, this is both safer and does not waste energy (which would happen if you dumped hot water) the T&P will dump scalding hot water which can cause a hazard and of course wastes energy) However the T&P valve is the last line of defence and should only operate in the case of imminent danger (explosion) ;)

I think they are being hard on you, Joe!

I need to be kind to one of my fans, so dont let it get to you.

As everyone here seems to be having a guess at what the pipe is for, I'd suggest the OP's brother nips upstairs and asks the chap who lives above him what the pipe is for, or what he has had recently installed. Then he can come back to us with a definitive answer. Simples. ;) ;) ;)

It does sound like an unvented installed by someone who does it by the book regardless of the appearance.

Over a flower bed I would have turned it back to the wall. Cheaper too!

But my first choice would have been to connect to internal drainage.

Tony

Internal Drainage - in those old EX Council flats :LOL: is usually iron ;) :mrgreen:

I think you will find that the discharge from an U/Vented cyl has to discharge externally at low level and in a visible position!! :confused:

Stardanny
Just read your question form yesterday the diffrence between the T&P and the PRV is simply this the T&P Operates on excess temperature or Pressure the PRV operates on excess pressure only it is usually sightlyt lower rated than the T&P and it is installed in the cold feed after the pressure reducing valve (Quite often on a Hydroblock unit) if the PRV lifts, only COLD water is discharged, this is both safer and does not waste energy (which would happen if you dumped hot water) the T&P will dump scalding hot water which can cause a hazard and of course wastes energy) However the T&P valve is the last line of defence and should only operate in the case of imminent danger (explosion) ;)

Thanks. I understand, I've just found out about this during my training. Oh and I've pass it. (BPEC). :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back