Copper pipe on wall outside my bro's flat

Sponsored Links
That pipe devalues the property. No-one has the right to do that without permission. Cut the bogga off.

Sponsored Links
You can't go banging clips in walls that aren't yours. It devalues the property no-end. Get rid.

You can't go banging clips in walls that aren't yours.

You can, unless the freeholder has a sufficiently important reason to prohibit it e.g listed building. How else do you suggest we get a gaspipe into an upstairs flat without going through the neighbour's property, wireless?

It devalues the property no-end. Get rid.
A totally empty statement. Provide independent proof if you want to raise your credibility.
As you have none ( proof or credibility ) it shall remain a typical Joe post, which warrants no further attention. :rolleyes:

Could it be changed to a smaller black overflow plastic pipe or will it melt in the event of use.?

So i'm guessing 3 pages on that it's got to stay there? :unsure:

You can cut it off at high level and turn back it against the wall provided its not a condensate pipe.
Then any pressure discharge is directed to the wall.
The h&s zealots might not agree though.

I wouldn't worry about it.

There will be a white Transit cruising around the area soon, with the driver and passengers doing meerkat impersonations. The pipe will be removed during the night shortly afterwards.

The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on.

You can't do anything without permission. If I want to grow Ivy up the wall I can only do so with permission. That pipe would only operate if the expansion vessel stopped operating - which might be never. Just turn it to the wall or ask permission to take it to the ground.

I wouldn't worry about it.

There will be a white Transit cruising around the area soon, with the driver and passengers doing meerkat impersonations. The pipe will be removed during the night shortly afterwards.

The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on.
:LOL: :LOL: one called Roy and the other, Pete ---- Diddycoy Roy and ***** Pete ;)

You obviously forget how a T&P relief valve operates.............are you registered to fit unvented? (G3)

Yes, that was not totally correct.

If the pressure was normal and the valve had operated because the temperature had reached 95C then it would probably vent about 20% of its capacity.

Because of the way the heated water convects to the top it will only be the upper part of the cylinder which is at the 95C to open the safety valve so as soon as the slightly cooler water below reaches the valve then it will close again.

The reality is that a properly installed cylinder never reaches an unsafe temperature and the only time any water might be discharged would be when or if the expansion device does not adsorb the expansion during heatup when no water is being used.

Apart from the Megaflow when that can occur, on other makes which are correctly serviced each year it would not normally ever happen.

Tony

So apart from temperature relief valve open at 95c, no matter what pressure is it? Also is the T+P relief valve, the max opening pressure is rated the same as expansion valve?
If the T+P relief valve is a temperature and pressure relief valve then what the point of expansion relief valve which is the same as pressure relief valve?

I'm on BPEC vented + unvented hot water system course at the moment and studying.

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back