Copper prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this pops up every now and again but we are at a point where its been fairly expensive! I remember when it was a £1 a metre.

Just wondering where you guys are buying your copper and at what price? I got some to weigh in, old cylinder and some copper pipework so should fetch a good price however not looking forward to buying 50M of the stuff soon of 22 and 15mm. :cry:

Sponsored Links
I remember when it was 27p /meter :LOL:

Phone around the merchants. Grahams usually pretty good. Also B&Q if you have the discount card.

Prices at scrappies on Thursday was
£3100/tonne clean copper
£2500/tonne braize

If I need single lengths I go down B&Q but these days just get a bundle as I'd use it up at some point. Toolstation seems to be slightly cheaper than SF. I suspect this may be the foreign stuff. Most all seem to do it at a similar price.

What would I get for an old cylinder if i took off all the insulation? I'd say its an average sort of size

Sponsored Links
B&Q trade warehouses are generally MUCH cheaper than the merchants for full bundles (black label) and certainly cheaper than screwfix.(imported)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back