corgi registered plumbers

S

Shutpa

Am very unhappy about the standard of work carried out by my corgi registered plumber. Would corgi be interested in this or do I just grin and bear it?

Sponsored Links
Poor waterflow, plastic pipe to feed cystern and poor plumbing under the sink. For example, the pipes for the washing machine lie one behind the other,they have no brackets fitted, the hot supply pipe wobbles about in its joint and the actual piping under the sink has to be seen to be believed.

Corgi wont be interested,they would be interested in anything connected to safety of a gas appliance, pipework flues etc not general plumbing.

Sponsored Links
Have you a) discussed your concerns with your plumber and given him the opportunity to remedy or explain your concerns and b) paid him in full?

Corgi should be responsible for all aspects of corgi registered plumbers work since we have no choice but to choose these plumbers.

Poor waterflow, plastic pipe to feed cystern and poor plumbing under the sink. For example, the pipes for the washing machine lie one behind the other,they have no brackets fitted, the hot supply pipe wobbles about in its joint and the actual piping under the sink has to be seen to be believed.

Sorry bolo,
Corgi should be responsible for all aspects of corgi registered plumbers work since we have no choice but to choose these plumbers.

is not the case.

Why do you say you have no choice? All of the owrk in the first quote could be done by anybody, let alone a plumber even if they wern't CORGI registered.

You may well have grounds for complaint, but this would be to your local trading standards office.

CORGI are not a quality auditor, they are a register holder for operators assesed as being competent to carry out specified operations (and of course a large hole for pouring money into).

I have nothing to do with CORGI.

The work done was part of an extension and involved the replacement of the boiler as well as the new plumbing in the extension. I HAD to use the corgi registered plumber so therefore could not ask for quotes from non-registered plumbers.

Bolo if you are talking about hot water flow from the boiler it may be adjustable or if you are replacing an open vent system with a combi then yes waterflow is poor it's a drawback of a combi. If you specified he does not use plastic pipe ask him to replace it, if not there is no problem. Tatty pipework...just ask him to tidy it up. There is almost never a need for any dispute to get so far as a complaint.
You could have used a non corgi plumber for evrything except moving and connecting the boiler and although I don't know where you live I dare say he was not the only corgi man available.
I do sypathise you didn't get your ideal job but you must have inspected and accepted the work before full payment.

see if he is registered with the institute of plumbing
see here

if he is registered put in a complaint to them in writing and they certainly will investigate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back