CORGI registration - what to check?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A CORGI registered company sent and engineer to fix our instantaneous water heater. I couldn't check what boxes were ticked on the back of his card (as I'd gathered you're supposed to) because it was in a see-through wallet with something else behind it. I said "shouldn't it have something on the back to say what you're entitled to do?" He said "oh, you mean my ACS card" and went to get it from the car, but returned saying he didn't have it with him. He gave me CORGI's phone number to check the company's registration, but when I indicated that that didn't relate to him personally, he said "I can't
be asked mate" and walked out. Surely he could have given me his personal ID number too, and CORGI could have confirmed everything?

CORGI said that I'd done the right thing. But somebody on another site reckons I should have been satisfied by him having a card and being sent by a company registered to do the work.

What do you advise me to check next time?

Sponsored Links
You did the right thing. Good possibility that he was not registered to repair water heaters.

You will find three columns at the back of the card. first is type of appliance, second NG and third LPG.

You would be looking for a tic in LPG column for water heaters if the gas was propane

Sponsored Links
top man

that was exactly the right thing to do mate

personally i flash mine at every opportunity ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back