CORGI registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been recommended a plumber to fit a new gas CH boiler. He has quoted for the work and all seemed well, but i thought I would check his CORGI registration. I checked his name on the CORGI web site and could not find him listed. When I asked him, he gave me a registration number but said he was not currently listed as he was undergoing training to achieve a certain qualification. Isn't it illegal though to do gas work whilst not currently CORGI registered ? Thanks for any guidance.

Sponsored Links
Its illegal to charge if hes not registered,if hes upgrading his old registration etc should still be current .I do believe that new members are on some sort of probation membership, say if he went from being registered with his last employer to being registered self employd, best give Corgi a ring , don't be worried about dropping him in it if he is legit then its no problem if he isn't he shouldn't be passing himself of corgi reg

If he can't show you a corgi card get somebody who can...he may be resitting his acs asessments to renew his membership, but the whole idea is that he can show you a card to prove to you he can legally do the work. As COG said a ring to corgi will put you in the picture

Any tips as to what do we look for on the corgi card ? Is there a expiry date or phone number to check up etc?

Sponsored Links
if you see
images

this on the card, its a fake ;)

Unless it got Battersea dog phone number on the card as well. :rolleyes:

Gees said:
Cog Wrote
Its illegal to charge if hes not registered
does that mean if he did it for free he need not be corgi?

If it's part of his normal occupation he will still have to be registered..

yes he probably can but you will not have any of the safe guards and insurances that come with a fully qualified engineer

If anyone carries out work that they are not qualified to to their public liabilty insurance, if they have any in the first place :rolleyes: , willill be nul and void

And to agree with every one esle He MUST NOT undertake work while not in reciept of a current valid and appropriate CORGI registration/ACS training

as to being "in between registration" i find this very ver dubious indeed my adivce is GET SOME ONE ELSE./

as for what a corgi reg card looks like here you are
newidcard.jpg

or go here to find out more

http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/section_gas_law/about_installer_id_cards.asp

hmmmm,your corgi reg card looks difference to the one that breezer's shown me above, ;)

It's a sample card unless corgiman is a part-time model for the corgi website :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

i didn't notice the link at the bottom of corgiman's post, i just wondered if that was what he looked like

ME you jest

I look more like Brad Pitt I Do, the bradley pitt who works in the local chippie that is ugly git he is :LOL:

also my name is not

A N OTHER

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back