Corgi

Sponsored Links
Fear not. The little puppy named Softus will soon be in there follwing me around. Sweet isn't it?

joe

joe-90 said:
You just make silly comments from the shadows.
You will find, if you read this topic (which you steadfastly refuse to do) that you've joined in long after I've made all the relevant arguments, and you're the one posting inane comments.

I have no idea on what other topics you're currently making an a*se of yourself, and I have no interest in looking as you're providing 'all the fun of the fair' on this one :D

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
joe-90 said:
You just make silly comments from the shadows.
You will find, if you read this topic (which you steadfastly refuse to do) that you've joined in long after I've made all the relevant arguments, and you're the one posting inane comments.

I have no idea on what other topics you're currently making an a*se of yourself, and I have no interest in looking as you're providing 'all the fun of the fair' on this one :D

So Softus backs down as per usual.

Come on Softus, live dangerously.

joe

If you have nothing to add on the subject of CORGI, and won't answer the questions put to you, then it is you who is backing down. Don't forget that the people you think are reading your posts are quite used to your debating methodology, so go ahead and goad as much as you like.

Softus said:
If you have nothing to add on the subject of CORGI, and won't answer the questions put to you, then it is you who is backing down. Don't forget that the people you think are reading your posts are quite used to your debating methodology, so go ahead and goad as much as you like.

Ask me a question then.

joe

joe-90 said:
Ask me a question then.
Very well - why (wearily, because you won't answer it) won't you answer the questions already put to you?

And don't ask me to repeat them for you - go and look for them yourself. Oh, and this doesn't mean that I'm not sympathetic to your reading disorder, but if you don't want to admit it then I'll pretend you don't have one.

joe-90 said:
Softus said:
Softus. You are boring, mate.
And yet....

I've been on-line for 8 years and know how forums work
Go on then tell me how it works.
How what works?
Forums - you said you "know how forums work".
Then ask me a question. No need for histrionics.
Looks like my assumption was correct.
What question was that?

That proves my point. You are one boring fella.
No - it proves his point - YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED HIS QUESTION!

Softus said:
Don't forget that the people you think are reading your posts are quite used to your debating methodology.
Softus, old chap - it's a bit of an exaggeration to define his rambling drivel as "debating methodology".... ;)

You do have a point there b-a-s, but at the time of writing I was thinking of that 'technique' he uses; the one where he predicts all logical outcomes of what another poster will do, and insults, in advance, his perception of the reasoning behind each alternative answer, believing that it will prove his tenuous, nay, idiotic, point to have baited the other person into answering.

Where it all falls down of course, is the fact that his reputation now precedes him. It must be fantastic for his ego, but he hasn't yet realised that the forum is running out of people who will make the mistake of taking him seriously.

joe-90 said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Apologies if I misinterpreted that as a rhetorical Q.

A: I don't know.

In other words you can see a problem but have no answer.

That qualifies you unreservedly as a, "Hand-wringing limp-wristed liberal".

Well done.

joe
1) Apologies if you've answered this in one of the other topics - I've not had a chance to look, but what is a "Hand-wringing limp-wristed liberal"?

2) In any event, it's incorrect to say it makes me that - what it makes me is someone who's quite prepared to say "I don't know", when I don't, rather than someone who waves his arms about and blusters and poses and waffles and wriggles and makes a lot of irrelevant noise in a vain attempt to make it look like he knows the answer when in fact he knows SFA.

ban-all-sheds said:
...but what is a "Hand-wringing limp-wristed liberal"?
I'll take this one, if I may: this is a term that joe-90 usually uses when someone presents a balanced, perceptive and succinct argument that utterly defeats one of his blinkered, unsubstantiated and extremist 'facts' (I realise that the words "blinkered" and "unsubstantiated" are tautological in this context). (Oh, and "extremist" too). (And I use the word "facts" with the most free-ranging of poetic licenses).

ban-all-sheds said:
joe-90 said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Apologies if I misinterpreted that as a rhetorical Q.

A: I don't know.

In other words you can see a problem but have no answer.

That qualifies you unreservedly as a, "Hand-wringing limp-wristed liberal".

Well done.

joe
1) Apologies if you've answered this in one of the other topics - I've not had a chance to look, but what is a "Hand-wringing limp-wristed liberal"?

2) In any event, it's incorrect to say it makes me that - what it makes me is someone who's quite prepared to say "I don't know", when I don't, rather than someone who waves his arms about and blusters and poses and waffles and wriggles and makes a lot of irrelevant noise in a vain attempt to make it look like he knows the answer when in fact he knows SFA.

What you mean is that you are too busy wringing your hands as the invasion continues.

I believe that the time has already passed to clamp down on immigration.

Typical hand wringing left of centre limp-wristed liberal.

Be a man and stand up to counted.

joe

Softus said:
ban-all-sheds said:
...but what is a "Hand-wringing limp-wristed liberal"?
I'll take this one, if I may: this is a term that joe-90 usually uses when someone presents a balanced, perceptive and succinct argument that utterly defeats one of his blinkered, unsubstantiated and extremist 'facts' (I realise that the words "blinkered" and "unsubstantiated" are tautological in this context). (Oh, and "extremist" too). (And I use the word "facts" with the most free-ranging of poetic licenses).

I've already given a definition in another thread. Go look for it.
G'won boy, fetch.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back