Corsa 2001 'Y' replacement transponder key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at the cheapest option of getting a duplicate Corsa key. Vauxhall have quoted £124+vat. Does anyone know where I can get the outside casing and uncut blade from? The blade no is 770 I believe. I have looked on ebay, but the ones sold on there are not the right ones.

Sponsored Links
As far as I can tell the key will need to programmed to the immobilizer by Vauxhall diagnostic equipment which is more than likely why it costs so much.

:eek: I am a Vauxhall tech, and that transponder and immoblizer system is for your protection. It is dedicated to Vauxhall diagnostic equipment, and I have to say that what you have been quoted is cheap compared to other vehicle manufactures. When you take it in to have the new keys programed in dont forget to take them the security code also as they need it:cool:

Vauxhall should charge you, if the key is a non remote key with a domed head about £25 to £30 for the key and around £35 to programme it.

That is the transponder key. This will enable you to get in and start the car, but you will not be be able to open the car like you would your remote.

I would suggest that they have missed quoted you with a remote key, but even then thats more expensive than the Vauxhall dealer I know of.

Sponsored Links
It is in fact a remote key, the one that opens the car and the one that is programmed to the engine. I had been told that I may get it cut cheaper at Timpsons, but they tested it in their machine today and unfortunately it is a dealer only key.

b1ker-uk I am a Vauxhall tech, and that transponder and immoblizer system is for your protection. It is dedicated to Vauxhall diagnostic equipment, and I have to say that what you have been quoted is cheap compared to other vehicle manufactures. When you take it in to have the new keys programed in dont forget to take them the security code also as they need it
It looks like it may cost even more as I don't have the security code for the car, and will have to get that from Vauxhall first. :(

I have just been quoted £83 from a Vauxhall dealer for a replacement transponder (Non-Remote) key for and X reg Corsa they broke down the cost as follows. £45 for the key and £38 for coding the key to the car. It would cost an additional £16 for a phone call to Vauxhall, if I was unable to provide the vehicle security details. Rip off Britain!
I didn't wait to hear if VAT would be added.

i recently bought two t reg corsa keys with blank transponders from ebay

£7 each and mobile electrician came to house and programmed them for £45.

Back