Corsa - high revving, difficult to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I recently had problems with my 1.0 S Reg Corsa (Believe it or not, I actually want this repaired...not scrapped) when the car would cut out when slowing down on a low gear. I took it to a garage and have had an engine service with a camshaft sensor replacement (I believe).

Make: Vauxhall
Model: Corsa
Engine size/Type: 1.0l
Year: 1998
Mileage: 86,000

However, after I took it back the car is now revving above the 2000rpm in idle, including in 1st gear and sometime it makes quite a rattly noise in 2nd gear. As well as this, acceleration is very poor when putting my foot to the floor of the accelerator. Also the car really really struggles to start after a long while.

Because my car ain't exactly expensive nor do I have the funds right now to get a new car I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of my problem and maybe even a rough estimated cost.

Would be really appreciated :) thanks

Sponsored Links
I agree that ICV would be a good shout to check. I don't however think that the rattle in 2nd is being caused by this. Get the ICV whipped off and cleaned with some carb cleaner and see what happens when you re-fit it.
Not starting may be plug/lead related, get the spark checked on each plug to make sure they are all good, if not replace.

Sponsored Links
I took it to a garage and have had an engine service with a camshaft sensor replacement (I believe).

You sure it was not a" Crank Position Sensor" these some times show up faulty if the car is hard to restart when hot on some models. ;)

Back