Corvec Britony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a corvec britony boiler for my hot water and a radiation fuelsaver boiler which does the central heating. This morning both stopped working.

I cannot get either pilot light lit but still have gas coming into the house (the hob works) Any Suggestions please?

Rob

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the hob is the first tee off the gas main and that there could be a blockage after th hob but before the boilers?

That is probably more than possible.

How would a simpleton go about fixing that? I am guessing I need to get a professional, but should I be thinking about changing them out for a combi boiler? How much would that cost (ballpark)

Cheers for your advice

Rob

I am guessing I need to get a professional

Absolutely, only CORGI registered installers are legally allowed to work on gas pipework. They will probably try to blow out a blockage using nitrogen, or simply clear the pilot jets. My worry is how did this (possible) blockage get into your system, and will it block them again tomorrow? Its possible it came through the Transco pipework from the street, so ask your neighbours if they have similar problems, your hob may be more resistant to dust than your boilers' small pilot jets.

Lots of assumptions, and a filter may be necessary.

Both your boilers are damn old, a combi may be one answer, I prefer a hot water storage system & regular boiler. It gives faster flow rates and an electric hot water backup, though it takes up more space (airing cupboard)

Sponsored Links
Think this is the way forward.

In terms of replacing the two, has anybody else gone through this who can give me a ballpark figure as to how much this will cost. I am guessing 2-3K but may be completely wrong.

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back