Cost of boiler & cylinder replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I have decided to replace my old gas boiler (Suprima) and hot water cylinder (Boiler Mate II). As my house is quite large, I have gone for Vaillant Ecotec 637 boiler and Vaillant uniSTORE 260 cylinder. I got an estimate for the whole system replacement (boiler + cylinder) from the guy I usually use for having my central heating inspected and tested. He is asking £3,800+VAT for the replacement plus flushing the system plus new wiring loom. The estimate does not include the price of the boiler and cylinder as I am getting them elsewhere, but it does include labour and materials.

I am not happy with the price as it looks very steep to me. The guy says that it's a big 3-day job and that's how much it costs. But it doesn't feel right to me, although I don't have a good point of reference. Of course, the right way to get the right price is to get few quotes and pick the best. And I will do it in next few days. But in the meantime I am wondering if someone could give me a guidance on whether the price estimate I have is reasonable/high/ridiculous/etc.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I'd say it is high unless things are moving. but everyone prices things how they see. Are you also supplying the controls?
Big house small house makes no difference.
Boiler and cyl swap same positions same work.
Bit extra work to swap from boilermate to unvented but all the pipes are in place except for temp/pressure relief so new run for that.
Would expect a gas upgrade for new boiler so how far from boiler to meter? How hard to get there? 3 days is about right. Condensate route? Easy /hard ?
Get some more quotes and maybe better if for supply and fit. Most don't like pricing for labour only and sometimes add on for expected cust fk ups with materials which happens and means lost time. You know how much the stuff costs anyway so deduct it from price and compare. Try to go with reputable guys or with recommendation. There are a lot of Billy the Kids out there who would love to part you from your cash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back