Cost of gas central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to calculate whether it's as cheap to run gas central heating with all the radiators on or to turn radiators off in unused rooms. The heating has been on for exactly the same times in the day. In the quarter of November, December and January 2005-6, I ran the central heating with all the radiators on. This time, for the same months 2006-7, there's no difference in price even though I've turned off lots of radiators. I know the price of gas has gone up but I don't understand why the bill should be similar when I've turned off radiators. Is it better to have all the radiators on? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
gas has gone up somwhere between 25 and 33%
so if your bills are the same your savings are whaterver your bills should have gone up by

have you got a duel fuel deal paying by direct debit and preferably not including british gas !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back