Cost of replacement wiper blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the weather we've had, my wiper blades are pretty much knackered.
Does anyone know of a good outlet which sells wiper blades at a reasonable price. Last time I bought a front set for my 99 Citroen Xantia, they cost me about £24 from Mr Motor.

Sponsored Links
If you can find 'Wipac' blades they are available from 'Trago Mills' here in the westcountry for £1.75 each. I know it rather a long way to come but I would think that you would have an outlet locally.

Your local motor factor will more than likely be able to fit your blades with new rubbers...very cheap and just as good as a new blade.
If you think these are expensive, check out the new 'floppy' types often fitted to new cars just now.....£30 each :eek:
John :)

Search for Bosch Aero Retro wiper blades on E-bay, best blades I have ever used.

Sponsored Links
you could if you felt that way just replace the rubbers,if you want the hassle of doing it.
if not then go to a motor factors.

If you can find 'Wipac' blades they are available from 'Trago Mills' here in the westcountry for £1.75 each. I know it rather a long way to come but I would think that you would have an outlet locally.

cor i remember going in there years back,found a pair of shoes that were size 19 i think,bloody huge things they were.

great place from what i remember.

Look in Tesco too. I've noticed they have blades at a good price.

I think I paid £17 in Halfords for a pair of 20" blades the other day... But they do retro-fit "flat" blades now with a standard wiper blade fitting for not much more if you like upgrading the details on your car.

Dunno if they're any good or if it is like fitting HID lamps into a halogen unit!

My car is currently in store, and a recent inspection of it revealed that some low life had NICKED my rear wiper blade! How cheap is that!?

Then in a clearout of stuff I found two wiper blades, priced £9.99 each, never fitted, bought from an independant.

How low do you have to go to nick ONE wiper?

Cheap replacement blades might sound good in the short term, but paying a premium, might be better in the longer term.

You can get premium blades, without a premium price. I use a reliable seller on Ebay who sells Bosch blades.

Bosch blades are an arm and a leg in Halfords. When I bought a pair of Bosch blades for my Scudo van from them, they were less than a single Bosch blade from Halfords, even including the postage.

Will never buy cheap blades again, as the Bosch ones are much quieter, and clear rain better.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Motorparts...16QQ_sidZ424236686QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back