cost of unfinished two storey extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows rough costings for a builder to make me an unfinished 2 storey extension? I am happy doing all electrics, plumbing, fitting out, plaster boarding etc. I would just need the brick shell constructing and roof putting on. The current house (that I plan to buy!) is 19th century solid brick construction. I would be looking for an extension around 4mx3m (so would fit PD requirements).

I know there is no set rule, but seeing as the finish isn't a factor I am guessing it would be easier to estimate? I am in hampshire if that is a factor.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hard for anyone to say, depend on the ground, also the openings or knock through, plus the roof where they join.
Box on the back of your house, shell only might be 1k a metre plus vat but if you want a full knock through with all steels and bi fold, plus rebuild the roof all on a piled Foundation could triple that and more.
Best bet is have an initial chart with an architect with your budget, see if they have experience in that area and whether they think it's feasible

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back