Cost to re-render detached house approx 200m2

Do you give a 70 year guarantee? Why not if you think it will last that long. What guarantee do you give?
Right then Joe your twisting things here, I do not know if modern renders will last 70 years or not ! maybe they will maybe they wont ! I have no proof to say they will or wont either,your asking the wrong person. my main point is that your claiming that you doubt modern renders will last 60-70 years, all im trying to do is find out if you have genuine reason for saying this, as this is a public forum and I wouldnt want the public to be mislead by someone who is claiming things just to win a argument. Theres lots of people in the uk who deal with these modern renders and we dont need people scaring people off from using these products just because they need to win a argument.

Sponsored Links
So what guarantee do you give then? And what do you class as a render that's failed? What proportion has to fall off to claim on the guarantee?
There have been some dreadful coatings over he years, so why shouldn't people be skeptical of yours?

your argument is really going off track, im sure people will see ive tried to reason with you but now im getting random interrogation questions that have no relevance to earlier posts, I hope the OP got some value out of my first post as i gave realistic advice, Joe this is my last reply to you as im not getting any sense out of you, thanks anyway mate but im not on here to make enemies, cheers

Head for them there hills and duck the questions. I guess you are ashamed of your products. As long as you get paid, that's your only interest.

Sponsored Links
Tell us more about the guarantee. When is it considered 'failed'?

To anybody who is interested here are some links to modern reder products, each manufacturer offer a 10 yearplus guarantee for there products if fitted by one of there approved contractors. Plus there is loads of literature on the sites about each product.

www.parex.co.uk/External_Walling_Systems/Insulated_Render_Systems

http://www.wbs-ltd.co.uk

http://www.netweber.co.uk/renders-decorative-finishes.html

http://www.jubrenders.co.uk/

http://www.k-rend.co.uk/

http://www.sto.co.uk/[/QUOTE] well there are a few to choose from so i got a couple of questions ive just had a look at how to apply wetherby its looks straight forward
1 what synthetic render would you say is best to use over old or new brick and with what basecoat?, if using k rendcould you give it 2 coats over brick without using the basecoat? like they say you can do over block to avoid ghosting?
2 what render out of those links would you recommend with block ? cheers

[well there are a few to choose from so i got a couple of questions ive just had a look at how to apply wetherby its looks straight forward
1 what synthetic render would you say is best to use over old or new brick and with what basecoat?, if using k rendcould you give it 2 coats over brick without using the basecoat? like they say you can do over block to avoid ghosting?

All these products by each manufacturer are very similar, its like the difference between the supermarkets some people prefer the one over the other!
Ive only used weatherby (acrlic and silicone and brick effect), weber (weber pral Monocouche) and jub(acrylic and silicone)

monocouche such as k-rend monocouche does not need a basecoat on old or new brickwork.

Acrylic rendering will need a base coat and mesh and primer, each manufacturer will supply there own base,mesh,primer and topcoat (acrylic or silicone) render system, never mix render systems.
theres loads and loads of different solutions for covering different products, my best advice is to ring each company technical helpline and they will help you choose the right system for your needs.

If you ever decide to take one of these jobs on I could always send one of my guys down to help you, as it saves making mistakes and we can show you the best way of doing things.

[well there are a few to choose from so i got a couple of questions ive just had a look at how to apply wetherby its looks straight forward

All these products by each manufacturer are very similar, its like the difference between the supermarkets some people prefer the one over the other!
Ive only used weatherby (acrlic and silicone and brick effect), weber (weber pral Monocouche) and jub(acrylic and silicone)

monocouche such as k-rend monocouche does not need a basecoat on old or new brickwork.

Acrylic rendering will need a base coat and mesh and primer, each manufacturer will supply there own base,mesh,primer and topcoat (acrylic or silicone) render system, never mix render systems.
theres loads and loads of different solutions for covering different products, my best advice is to ring each company technical helpline and they will help you choose the right system for your needs.

If you ever decide to take one of these jobs on I could always send one of my guys down to help you, as it saves making mistakes and we can show you the best way of doing things.

You cant say or do better than that mucka ;)

You cant say or do better than that mucka ;)
no you cant thats very generous of him

The new products are good, but in the same way as render only as good as the men that apply them.

I have seen plenty applied incorrectly, loads cracking due to mesh not fixed/lapped . Different backgrounds not equalised and thus different shading. Beads not fixed properly, drips not used correctly, rendered heads not set off-square correctly , lead flashing not lapped correctly and so on.

A big swing towards them is that render was not being done properly rather than render itself as a method failing. Unfortunately , the same peole who could not render tradtionally went on to the new products.

This is not aimed at the poster here,just a defence of traditional rendering. I do trad and moncouche, acrylic etc and this time of year your through coloured renders do have their drawbacks - but done well have advantages

Whatever work you do, the usual 3 + detailed quotes plus a look at their work is sensible.

As well as that fashion is important and the main factor IMHO is the colour ,eliminating another 2 visits and further painting afterwards.

[/i]

Thanks to everyone for the useful info.

I have been away for a few weeks and only just checked back on the post!

I see a few questions were raised about the measurements - I 'reckon' it's about 200m2 - this is just a rule of thumb estimate based on the fact that the house is roughly square and each wall is about 10m long by 5m high.

noseall had a point about the insulation. It's solid walls so the insulation is WELL below current regs. We are also getting a quote for external wall insulation to see how that compares. Hopefully favourably because the dude who gave the original quote said most of the work was in hacking the old stuf off.

Anyway, seems like there are really only 2 options (legally) - just patch up the knackered bits of render and repaint or go the full hog for EWI.

Thanks also to Nige F about the quote offer - will possibly take you up on that after we know about EWI - the house is in Croydon not far from the A23 at all.

Cheers,
Ben

Nige F is a good and honest man. Definitely give him the chance to quote.

I'd be more swayed along the lines of a mono render or thin coat render. It gives you more insulation to your home. Your only in surry I'm in Kent if you need a price. Love to help

EWI is nice looking fast clean easy to work with. We do a lot of EWI jobs looks smart if done right we use Krend sto webber really good gear we get a rep from the supplyer to come and spec the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back