Could a noise silencer treament, stop the hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an Alpha CD25X Combi boiler, and a few weeks ago the hot water stopped working, ie it was just lukewarm.

My landlord sent his plumber round, who then sent an Alpha engineer round as the boiler is under warrarty.

The Alpha engineer shows up and clears our the hot water plate(?) of gunk, ie rubbish collected in the system. The hot water works again! The engineer says the system needs a flush with inhibitor.

So, back I go to the landlord/plumber and they agree to do it. I get home from work on Friday and the hot water is not working again and there is an empty bottle of this in the bin! (Fernox Boiler Noise Silencer F2 Liquid)

Coincidence? Is that F2 Liquid an inhibitor?

Sponsored Links
Nope it is not and should never have been installed on a system with your boiler a good chance that this has completely knackered your plate heat exchanger but if you are lucky it might just be more crap that was already in the system that has moved into the Plate heat exchanger, dont be surprised if Alpha refuse to repair for free

Surprised Alpha repaired it for free the first time around to be honest - most boiler manufacturers will walk away at the first sign of muck in the system and tell you that the boiler isn't under warranty because of it. Poor initial installation

Engineer just came out, removed a small amount of gunk and works fine again. Says if happens again, they will powerflush system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back