Council Energy Funding & Green Deal Home Improvement Fun

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was one of those who got the green deal assessment taken out and then for the home improvement fund to be scrapped two days after, which essentially left me with a green deal report that had no use.

I got told by my local council that my house is within a certain postcode which had funding towards home improvement measures, what they've actually done is to copy the GDHIF like-for-like and offering it to people who live within certain postcodes within our council e.g. £1,000 towards the cost if you take out 2 measures (cavity insulation, gas condensing boiler, heat recovery devices etc)

So i've basically gone down the route of taking this funding and now waiting for the quote from the installer, meanwhile i've heard that the GDHIF might be coming back, so i asked if i would not be eligible for applying since i've already taken this funding from my local council. They said that they dont see why i couldn't as its a separate entity.

With the funding i'm taking from the council it has to be done by their own installers, whereas with the GDHIF you are free to find your own installers as long as they are GDHIF registered.

Just wondering what anybody's thoughts are on this because it seems like a yes and no situation.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back