couple of pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was at a friends new house as he had a flickering light.
Took the cover of the board and was greeted with the following.

Sponsored Links
Is that a home made CU? I've never seen those Crabtree breakers in a domestic board.

Where does the main earthing conductor enter the CU?

Where does the uninsulated earth go?

Sponsored Links
You confirmed what I was thinking!

Guess you're going to be busy :)

Looks like it :eek:

Think he's just going for a complete re-wire. Original wiring still in the house, so now's the perfect time.

Pity about it being on mates rates though :evil: :LOL:

Haha never thought of that! Like to keep a hold of stuff like that anyway, cause you just never know!

Is that a home made CU? I've never seen those Crabtree breakers in a domestic board.

I have come across these converted boards before. They are converted from old flush fuse boards. I replaced 10 of them in a nursing home last year, all fed with pyro submains from a section board. What a mess I made getting the flush boxes out of the walls.
Ah happy days :)

I have :)

I had some old aunts who had an architect-designed bungalow built, in the 1960's. At the time it was a very state-of-the-art build. It had two C50 boards, one of them for the underfloor heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back