Fluorescent light has blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please give me some guidance regarding the replacement of Fluorescent light part.
My kitchen light has just blown and I need to replace it ASAP.
It has been flickering for the past couple of days at start up, but I didn't think that unusual for a fluey.
When I took the cover off (after removing the fuse at con. unit) I saw where it had blown.
Here's a pic of it.

Is it economical to replace the damaged part, or does it signify that it's knackered[/img]

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Spark.

I don't know if I've been looking on the wrong sites but the units are selling between £45 - £90. Bit stiff when cash is tight.

But I don't trade safety for economics

Looks like it has had a good innings but I think it probably requires replacement.

EDIT: These fittings from TLC are much cheaper. Not sure how aestheically pleasing they would be in your kitchen though...

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bongos.
Those prices are well within my price range. It gives me an idea what price to look for, they are much cheaper than the sites I've been viewing.

I'll contact TLC and find out the delivery charge because they don't have an outlet near Liverpool.

Thanks again,
Piper

B&Q have them cheap also.

Not the best quality, I've three in the garage they are fit for that purpose.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement fused terminal block for a fluorescent fitting?

Should really start a new thread, but somewhere like RS.

However, try ringing the manufacturer of the fitting you have and ask them to post you one.

If you don't ask....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back