Covering Pink to magnolia emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have two bedrooms to emulsion one is in a mid pink colour ,the other in a french blue i am going to cover in Magnolia .i have previously bought Johnstones paints Is there any tradesmen here who could tell what i need to do to cover it up i dont mind a slight tint coming through .Just need a few tips to save doing 12 coats LOL

Sponsored Links
I'd give it a coat of trade while emulsion followed by two coats of Magnolia. Johnstones CoverPlus would do the trick or Dulux trade paints.

Thats what i was thinking of using Johnstones coverplus Dont want to appear rude ,could you tell me why you would put a coat of whit on first instaed of magnolia which i think is the same price Is it to "knock" the colour out of it

Sponsored Links
Yes it would be to kill off the existing colour and also provide the ideal base for your Magnolia, one other point if your existing paint work is in any way a Silk finish lightly abrade it with 240 grit to dull down the shine before you re- paint.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back