Coving for LED lights - using regular curved coving?

Sponsored Links
What's your ceiling like? This sort of lighting will show every flaw in the plasterwork but having said that if the ceiling is ok it's a really good way to provide ambient lighting.

Seconded. You'll be surprised how much lighting from that angle can make it look like a moon-scape. Hold a lamp/torch up right next to the ceiling to see how it looks.

I have just reskimmed the walls and been through the whole ceiling myself with some easifill sorting out every tiny little blemish. I am now in the process of sanding it with 180 grit to smooth it down and get a really good finish. For the ceiling I am also planning on air spraying the paint to again minimise issues associated with getting the paint absolutely flat, so hopefully the ceiling will look really good.

screenshot_857.jpg

:sneaky:

Could have guessed that you would be the only person to have so much time available so as to pick up minor shadows and then go to the effort of pointing it out (n) . I think someone needs to get a life and stop trying to get a rise out of people.

In the flesh the feature of the coving and lighting far outweighs any shadows that may be in the ceiling - so if anyone is considering it feel free take into account that there may be slight blemishes, but realise that this does not detract from the look.

Sponsored Links
personally I think it looks tacky - like an 80s disco, but fair play to you for doing what you set out to get.

personally I think it looks tacky - like an 80s disco, but fair play to you for doing what you set out to get.
We only use the colour for the baby, the rest of the time it is warm white only. Having the option of controlling each wall is useful as you can turn just the back wall on when watching TV etc.

Could have guessed that you would be the only person to have so much time available so as to pick up minor shadows and then go to the effort of pointing it out (n) .
You were warned it could be a problem, but assured us that your meticulous preparation would mean that it would not.

I think someone needs to get a life and stop trying to get a rise out of people.
I think someone needs to be less touchy, and to not assume that other people in the world are as sad as them.

I think someone needs to be less touchy, and to not assume that other people in the world are as sad as them.

Oh man you can be such a bellend.

The guy comes along asks for help, which in the spirit of the forum he got, took it away and built what he set out to do. He then not only came back to say how it went, but also posted pictures to show to others what the final effect is like.

You don't have to like it, we don't all want or like to do the same thing but all you can do is slate the guy. The reality is that not many people come back and show the results of the advice or leave something for future visitors. Don't be such a nobber.

Looking to do the same myself, new ceiling and walls so will have a new skim throughout , will be using the lightweight coving as it does not need fixing to the ceiling , easily holds against the wall only with adhesive.

I would suggest that you look at what it actually means to "slate" someone in the sense that you used the term, but I fear that it would be a task outwith your ability.

You've never heard of regional variations on the meanings of words then? Not surprised, you seem to find it difficult to look further than the end of your own opinion.

I can only presume you revel in the notoriety, any other forum would have booted you out as a destructive influence long ago :p

You were warned it could be a problem, but assured us that your meticulous preparation would mean that it would not.

I would respectfully ask that you no longer post against this thread. I am sure that there are many others that could better benefit from your experience and time.

Looking to do the same myself, new ceiling and walls so will have a new skim throughout , will be using the lightweight coving as it does not need fixing to the ceiling , easily holds against the wall only with adhesive.

Sounds like a great plan. My coving (the plaster stuff) is only fixed with adhesive. No screws or nails were used. I have never used the lightweight stuff so cant comment on how it will function. Cant imagine there will be any problems though. Good luck and let us know how it works out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back