crap police

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
before i start ranting i would just like to say that the police do a good job but only within there limitations (funding/manpower)
about 4 yrs ago i had a good computer buisness down south just when playstation 2 was launched in england.
on cashing up one night heard this really loud smashing from the front of the shop?
goes outside & theres a bloke with a metal ice pick (big shiney chrome that you would use for climbing mt everest etc f***ing lethal)
looks at him & he has this manic crazy wide eyed stare then grabs 2 ps2's
out of the window that he just smashed.
he lifts the ice pick & looks at me,so i think soft skull v metal .no contest.he can have them :cry:
how very wrong i was.
he starts screaming at me & swings for my head,so i turn around & run as fast as my legs would go,but it was like slow motion & i could hear him behind me,for some reason i thought of my wife & kids,some people would say" i would have grabbed the weapon of him & been a hero"
but in reality this bloke wanted to do some serious damage & any one with a bit of sense would just leg it.
this happened at rush hour next to a main roundabout but no one helped me.
when the police interviewed me they said "oh we know mr so & so,he lives in a hostel"
are you going to arrest him i said.
no coz he will just go to court & as he is homeless would not have the means to pay the fine,so a waste of tax payers money,
why don't you do something,
the scene of crime officer said overtime will not be granted???
in the end i moved my family up north & still have nightmares.
police complete bunch of w******

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of a time about 5 years ago when I was in business.

Some really determined thieves tried to have one of our recovery transporters away. They had a stihl saw with them. First they cut through the lock on the gates, they then cut a roller shutter security door which was covering a fire door off the wall and forced open the fire door. Once inside the building they used the saw to cut off a gear lever lock on the truck. The only reason it didn't start was because it was in the garage with a starter motor fault!

Anyway the alarm was sounding and they had been seen on the monitored CCTV and reported to the police. I was called out and met a copper at our garage. He was stood next to the truck with the seats smouldering near the gear stick and the ignition lock hanging down on its wiring harness, he then started looking at the door locks. To my utter disbelief he asked me how they got in the truck without damaging the locks. When I said it wasn't locked he said I had been careless.

60M on such a small Island..... Seemingly nothing major being done about drugs .... can only get worse !!
If as much firepower / dosh was put into the 'war' on drugs as the Iraq debacle, then we might feel a little safer..... But then again ....

Ever visit Suanapore ? Two big notices greet you at Changi airport.

1) Welcome to Singapore.

2) WARNING: DEATH FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS UNDER SINGAPORE LAW !

End of story !

P

To cut a long story short............

Everytime people buy drugs, they are funding the untouchable Bin Laden's bank account.

He now has 22 billion pounds in his personal bank account to bomb us.

I repeat, £22,000,000,000.

Sponsored Links
I'd say, make all drugs legal, even abolish the word drug. After all at the age of 18 surely we're all entitled to shove whatever we like into our blood streams. Benefits:-

1) Put all drug dealers out of business,
2) Gain control over who takes drugs, and the purity of what they are getting. (i.e. that stes manufctures all drugs)
3) eliminates the crime associated with drugs.
4) You will NEVER stop drug trafficing, regardless of the penalty. It is simply supply and demand, pure simple and sad.

For anyones info, I am completely against any drug use, but I believe that this is the only pragmatic solution. I personally have three young kids and I would never want them to be hooked on any kind of narcotic, including tobacco. (Alcohol, I'm not so sure about!!)

I look forward to your views.

BTW before the hate mail comes, I believe that this is the only way to solve the dreadful problems that drug use causes because, the usage has then been controlled, dosage can be assessed, bear in mind that most overdoes,I believe, are casued by people getting a much purer hit, than they normally would have.

Good thing about this site is discussion is usually considered and rational so I doubt you will get any "hate mail"! :D

A problem I can foresee with your solution of legalising all drugs, is thus: alcohol, as we all know, can cause major problems and can be highly addictive. Now, what would be the problems associated with if a member of your family ended up getting addicted to legal cocaine? Pretty bad I bet.

Now, as far as I know, no-one burgles houses to fuel an alcohol addiction. For a start, have you ever tried to climb through a window when you are fissed as a part? ;) However, the strength of their cravings for "hard" drugs would probably push them to get money by any means in order to get down to the chemist and buy some crack. Possibly they would even just start holding up the chemist. I believe it happens for methodone, what would it do for crack? And no doubt former drug dealers would cotton on to this, and do big jobs on them. So what, we have chemists who sit behind 2" thick bulletproof glass?

And you will always get bootleggers... I have never heard anyone say that bootleg cigarettes and booze fund international terrorism, but it probably does.

pipme... been singapore and seen the sign, also been thailand where they have a similar attitude. Alas, we are run by career politicians who are here today gone tomorrow. The do gooders have completely Fu---d up this country.You only have to listen to the recent news where parents can be prosecuted for leaving a red mark on kids. No win no fee in school next week? racing cert.

Another thing I can't understand. If someone is high on drugs and commits an offence, such as GBH or whatever, they can claim diminished responsibility due to being under the influence.

Yet in these double standard times, a motorist under the influence of alchole (a legal drug), that has potentially done no damage is found to have increased responsibility. ie being under the influence IS an extra offence.

I don't condone drinking and driving but, being under the influence of any illegal drug is self inflicted. Applying the drink/driver logic, surely such individuals should be held responsible for being in that state in the first place and still responsible any other consequences of their actions.

Yes, make the drugs legal, but remove the caveat from the law that makes it an excuse for their actions.

I also think we should Amputate the hands of all muggers, Castrate all paedophiles and give all murderers a darned good hanging. Harsh but fair :)

Is that entirely true, the diminished responsibility? After all, they can test you for some drugs through what looks like a piece of litmus paper pressed against your forehead. And if a policeman suspects you of driving under the influence of illegal drugs I think they can charge you.

The problem with castrating paedophiles, indeed any male sex offender, is that if they offend again, it makes DNA evidence harder to come by (no pun intended). A few years back there was a case where a serial rapist wanted a vasectomy so if he did it again he wouldn't impregnate his victim. His doctor refused, and got a court order against it. Reason being, if he did do it again, it's much easier to prove if they can say "and here is a sample of his swimmers, 99.999999% certain it was him".

I am glad that we live in a state where police seldom carry firearms and the death penalty is pretty much defunct, but I do agree with the principle of harsher sentences. Instead of prisons, how about ghulags? Make the bu**ers work, this would pay for the running of the prison and take the burden off the tax payer.

If we got Russia into the EU then we could even persuade them to reopen the old Siberian ghulags for all of the UK and European criminals. In the US they still have chain gangs and they also make number plates. Cheap source of manual labour, reliable too as they don't decide when they are too sick to work.

If you make drugs legal how else are the low life dealers and the like going to make a living? The muggings and burglaries etc will just go up. Surely nobody believes these people will go an earn an honest living?

The difference in the far east is that they are not shackled by middle class do gooders living in leafy areas.

As I have said before, Sadams talents are going to waste.

And if a policeman suspects you of driving under the influence of illegal drugs I think they can charge you.
Yes the operative word being Driving.
I've never yet heard of anyone being under the influence of anything as an offence in it's own right. Being in possession of a class A drug seems only an to be an offence if you havn't taken it yet.

Recently a local man went on a drug crazed binge with a machette. Broke into three of his neigbours houses and seriously injured about a dozen people. He got off with an order to get treatment for his drug habbit.

One of his victims is now doing community service for his part in attempting to bring the perpetrator under control. (apparently he punched him).

If a Drink/driver is speeding and tryed to get them to drop the speeding charge on grounds of diminished responsibilties. Doubt it'll would be entertained. unless, of course, you happen to be a "poor, deprived" sh*thead that nicked the car in the first place.

All I'm asking is consistency. In the case of a driver that's speeding, being under the influence escalates the charge. In the case of GBH, ABH, or even Murder, it's a mitigating factor.

Should we all have our DNA sampled and stored to a secure national datbase ?

I cannot understand why not ... Unless it may show that in fact there are more people with the same profile .... and therefore not safe for evidencial use.
Or is it, that there is no doubt very few if any persons have the same profile and therefore our beloved bewigged friends could, in lots of cases be on a stonebonking loser when pocketing our dosh, defending the crud ?
Given a national database and the proven precision of the sampling, certainly makes one wonder just what the repercussions for the rule of law would be ... Who would, in the face of such evidence defend the indefensable ? How would the defendant recieve the defence he is entitled to (by law, not always common sense) ?

P

Oh and by the way. Castration is different from a vasectomy. Not only stops the production of sperm but also removes the urge, that's why the romans used unuchs (bet I spelt that wrong). Thus, castrated paedophiles would be rendered safe.

Also it is currently legal to stick knitting needles in your own eyes. I still don't have any concerns that children will take up the habbit. Likewise legalising drug abuse does not automatically mean that everyone is going to be doing it. But it would mean that those who do indulge, wouldn't be paying money into a supply train for the Bin Ladens of this world.

Alcohol easy to come by = over-indulgence. ... Pop into Nottingham city centre one pleasant weekend and spend the night out and about !

P

TexMex said:
Oh and by the way. Castration is different from a vasectomy. Not only stops the production of sperm but also removes the urge, that's why the romans used unuchs (bet I spelt that wrong). Thus, castrated paedophiles would be rendered safe.

Also it is currently legal to stick knitting needles in your own eyes. I still don't have any concerns that children will take up the habbit. Likewise legalising drug abuse does not automatically mean that everyone is going to be doing it. But it would mean that those who do indulge, wouldn't be paying money into a supply train for the Bin Ladens of this world.

Castration is different from Vasectomy, but eunuchs were castrated as young boys, hence never underwent "development". I am not certain that castrating an adult male would remove his urges. :?:

If class A drugs were legal and easy to come by, many more people would give them a try. Unfortunately for these people, many class A drugs get you hooked after one go.

I would have some qualms about a national DNA database. After all, remember when the US were trying their new security system and decided they couldn't possibly use the information of their own people, so pressurised Europe to give them information. So, the US had unrestricted access to all of OUR confidential information. Without asking OUR permission. And there is no way they JUST used it for the intended purpose.

The kind of people who commit the crimes in question may not be around to get themselves on the database. There are ways to make sure they do, like cutting any benefits they get until they get themselves on the database. But would this be done?

If they could guarantee that the information would only be used for the purposes of solving crime AND that they could get the information for 100% of people in the country and all those who enter it (yes, even from the EU) then I am for it.

Until I can trust them to do this properly, they can s*d off.

Sponsored Links
Back