Crazy Time In A & E.

Weekends are always the worst time to go to A&E with anything.
The usual drunks litter the place.
Last time I was in A&E on a Saturday night, as I was taken through to a treatment room, there were loads of patients lying on trolleys with a large A4 card hung round their necks which had WTSU on it in large type. I asked a nurse what WTSU meant and she told me it means " Wait To Sober Up.
She went on to explain that they are not allowed to treat a patient who is drunk. I pointed one poor chap who had obviously been stabbed and was bleeding heavily, asking what happens in cases like that. She reckoned, she has to keep an eye on them, conducting triage care and if they seem like their going to die, or take a turn for the worse, then she has to alert the doctors .
Our local A&E is usually busy with these drunks at weekends. Usually a 3 - 4 hr wait minimum, although I have been there longer.

Having said that, the Health Service is now too top heavy with non medical staff. Care should be the priority, not managers and clerical staff, but that's the NHS for you. Perhaps this government will do something to redress the balance of medical staff and non medical staff. We'll have to wait and see.

PS. At the moment you'd be ill advised to go to A&E tomorrow afternoon around 3 o clock. The doctors will all be watching the England match on TV. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
PS. At the moment you'd be ill advised to go to A&E tomorrow afternoon around 3 o clock. The doctors will all be watching the England match on TV.

I'd say it would be the BEST time to go, after all, theres not many english doctors these days. :LOL: :LOL:

PS. At the moment you'd be ill advised to go to A&E tomorrow afternoon around 3 o clock. The doctors will all be watching the England match on TV.

I'd say it would be the BEST time to go, after all, theres not many english doctors these days. :LOL: :LOL:

Well you could be right there Conny.
They used to say " An apple a day keeps the doctor away. "

These days I find a bacon sandwich or pork joint keeps them well at bay. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I went into A&E recently, after being beaten up, and the staff were disinterested, unhelpful, and cared more about their own personal life, than my condition at the time.

They told me to walk to a certain area for an xray, but were unclear, and it was a hospital staff member that had assauled me!

Unimpressed.

Sponsored Links
Tell us more. Were you a drunk? Were you abusive?

I had a heart attack in Feb.
Stupidly I waited nearly 48 hours before calling 999/112 'cos I thought it was IBS, how wrong was I?
Anyhoo blue lighted to hospital near Joes house, in A&E for 1 hour and 20 mins screaming for some pain relief (it fecking kills FFS...... in more ways than one).:cool:
What do they give me - fecking paracetamol- I eat these like smarties anyway as I have sciatica 24/7. :evil: :evil:
Gets blue lighted to the other hopsital .......... morphine became my relief- bliss.
Six stents slammed in and I'm still here ......... I think.
Impressed - 1st hosp - NO
2nd - well impressed.

I went into A&E recently, after being beaten up, and the staff were disinterested, unhelpful, and cared more about their own personal life, than my condition at the time.

They told me to walk to a certain area for an xray, but were unclear, and it was a hospital staff member that had assauled me!

Unimpressed.
Wythenshawe?

My F-I-L was advised by his GP to go to A & E to have a swollen ankle looked at. The GP was worried it might be a blood clot.

He arrived at 1930 yesterday, finally leaving at 0500 this morning.

Good job it wasn't a blood clot...

Under the previous government, you were attended to within 4 hours in
A & E, but the ConDems have scrapped that idea.

The weekends are usually rammed, could he not have gone during the week or was it a bit last minute?

Anyway good news about not being a clot :cool:

Which A&E was it btw? In Brum the new QE is open and atm its like instant service :eek:

If he was a labour voter then he should have been left unattended for 24 hours at least. :rolleyes:
You've been a member 5 minutes and you think you're a funny git slagging off one the regulars (and/or his family). Indeed you feel so vastly superior to so many people don't you? Like say the population of Britain...
Think of the ££££ benefits you hand out to immigrants as reparations for your war mongering past.
You brits had it coming.
You think that the millions of people who watch football are 'trash'...
It's all the millions of trash with out a life who have nothing else better to do than watch idiots run around a field after a ball who have put them where they are today.
So you must also be 'trash'. Well one assumes you do watch football, how else could you make this following statement...
The England team.
Great individual talent but put them together on a field and you have a bunch of guys running around like headless chickens who crack under the slightest pressure.
Final result .... Epic fail.
You really are a total A-Hole aren't you...
All the trigger happy ex war mongers on this forum should reflect on their past and bow their heads in shame after the conclusion of the Saville report. Shame on you. You brits are never happy unless you are trampling on other peoples lives. You're hated all over the world and its not too difficult to see why.
And yet despite your hatred of 'us' Brits you seem to want to be involved in our politics and our working lives...
We need a union slaying government once again. People who strike should be sacked.
When you say 'we' need a Union Slaying Government who are you referring to? You can't mean the British. You've slagged us off and made statements implying you're not British so your choice of words, like your minuscule brain, is devoid of any sense.

You see, if you poke your snout in sunshine.....!

Unimpressed.
Wythenshawe?

The hospital staff member was off duty when they attacked me, may I add, true I and the offender (that was arrested) had been drinking, but I was subdued, due to being unconcious for part of my visit. At no point did I turn aggressive towards staff.

Wigan Royal Albert.

If they were off duty how do you know he/she worked at the hospital?

Because they 'were' a friend, upto this point, he was watching football in the pub, and can't handle pub beer, came back to mine, he tried to rape another of my guests, he's married, I attempted to eject him from my house, he assaulted my girl, smashed a window, then attacked me, ran through the house like a wild animal trying to escape when the police arrived, and had to be carted off by 6 policemen, in restraints. He refused to apologise for assaulting my girl, and has since emailed me torrents of abusive messages, after his wife had an affair with someone, but they are back together again. Don't know why the abusive messages, as I have nothing to do with the affair.

Sponsored Links
Back