creda simpilicity t622cw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks my condensing tumble dryer has decided to stop working,it will basically turn once then stop with lots of humming.
any ideas on how to get this working again?
or is it a lost cause?
is it something simple like replacing the brushes if so any ideas how.
its about 7 years old and a good workhorse
any pointers greatly received.
regards gregers

Sponsored Links
7 uf capicator. Found on the bottom right hand side. Cost a tenner or less.

cor that was quick many thanks,any chance of a piccy so i know what im taking out?

It's a small white tube with 2 wire or 4 wires on it

Sponsored Links
many thanks rocks,have checked out a few vids on you tube aswell,feel confident in doing this now.also saves me a few shillings ;)
virtual pint to you :D

oh crap,well changed it and that didnt work,rotated the drum a few times and finally got it working BUT NEED EAR DEFENDERS :cry:its so loud.......
do you think its now requires a bearing kit??ive looked on ebay and see that they are iro £10,is it worth it or am i going to be chasing the problem and end up spending loads rather then splashing out on a new dryer?

for info got the new capacitor from my local appliance parts centre for £8.

The bearing kit is only a square piece of copper. I doubt it's that , if you remove the little square cover at the back you can see if its worn. Where's the noise coming from. There's two fans on this so one might be rubbing on something.

the fan at the back under the metal cover is spinning freely,the fan under the plastic shroud seems to be doing the same,
when i turn the drum 1 way is seems fine but when i turn it the other is suddenly stops,this model spins both ways,but as said its really noisy as if as you say something is rubbing.
the belt seems fine so do the 2 pulleys?

Is there a bra wire stuck on the back of the drum. Remove the heater and lid and shine a torch in the gaps.

no m8 have already checked for something like this,plus my missus doesnt put them in any way because of this very thing,learnt our lesson before.

bit like this 1,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXRmIuWSPE

but with mine the element does heat up i can see it glowing.only done this for a bit as i know the metalwork channels cool air from the fan at the rear to cool the element down.
so im thinking its nothing to do with the heating of the dryer.i:e im thinking the thermostat is ok,just the noisy spinning.

Does it make a noise when you spin it by hand. Remove lid and side panel pulley might be noisy or motor , disconnect belt see if motor is quite then turn pulley with belt off. And remove the fans see if that makes a difference.

yes it does make the same sort of noise when turning by hand,ive just given it a bloody good clean out etc and had it running,ran for about 5 mins then totally stopped with a lot of humming and obviously the element was still heating so quickly turned it off.

i will tomorrow disconnect whats needed and see if its still the same without belt fitted.which fan?im assuming you mean the outside 1?
thanx m8

Yes one where the heater is. There is also one under the cover at the front just to the left of the pulley.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back