Creosote stains on neighbours front PVC door..help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Please help. Whilst spraying my fence with Creosote, I've managed to get the Creosote spray on next doors windows and front door!

How can I get the dots out? If the surface is UVPC the dots just wipe off but the front door is so old the UVPC is slightly absorbent and I can't get the dots off with white spirit or anything else I've tried!
HELP!!

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links
I don't know if it'll work but worth a shot....

try automotive tar spot remover

... just a thought ; ;)

Real creosote is no longer available for most purposes. Did you have an old can in the shed, or is it actually something else?

Coal tar distillates stain most paints and plastics by dissolving into them, so it may be impossible to remove. I accidentally got some onto a neighbours car once and it had to be reprayed after a period of drying out.

You might try a paintwork rubbing compound like T-cut which should also restore the shine.

Sponsored Links
Good old Jif cream (now Euro-branded CIF) should do the job, rub it on gently, neat with a dry cloth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back