CSI 85 woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been having trouble on and off with this boiler ever since i moved into this house.

Today i woke to no hot water or central heating.

there was some water beneath the boiler and upon futher inspection it is coming from ontop of the boiler. A closer look shows there is a small plastic pipe that exits the top of the boiler ( a breather of somesort maybe??)

Any ideas what fault this would indicate?

And i guess more importantly is this going to require getting a professional in as money is not in ready supply at the moment..... mind you i suppose im saving on my heating bill today :)

Sponsored Links
I managed to find a parts diagram for the boiler, the pipe on the top is for the auto vent.

So its possible there is a problem with the vent, or is this a side effect of a more serious problem?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the prompt reply, i have taken the auto air valve off and opened it up for a look, the mechanism is real sticky, maybe its the addatives in the system have gummed it up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back