Curtain pole conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry if in wrong section but not sure where to put this.

Putting up two curtain poles and seen different schools of thought on whether you position pole:

Parallel to either edge of window frame or ceiling, whichever is nearer.

Parallel full stop.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Wherever you think it'll look better. Bear in mind the length of curtains you want to hang, and therefore where the bottom will be, ie do you want them an inch off the window ledge etc.

Sponsored Links
Well, how far out are the top of the window and the edge of the ceiling from level, and from each other? In principle the pole wants to be level, but if that looks wrong you'll have to compromise so it looks OK.

Thanks

Have fitted now but annoyed by another issue. Screws securing pole to brackets are angled so that even the titchiest of titchy screwdrivers won't fit. Understand they need to be concealed but this is flipping ridiculous.

If the screws are philips - mine are - they come in sizes 0000, 000, 00 and 0......model makers sizes, to you and me! :eek:
Keep the pole level.
John :)

Yes they are small "filips" and know what they're supposed to do, just can't tighten them.

Obviously just me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back