cutting water supply....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I'm planning to install a basin in a bedroom... I can acess hot & cold water supply and can sort waste but when installing the taps do I have to cut off the supply from the combi-boiler as well as the main????? all advice much appreciated......

Sponsored Links
Turn off your stoptap and that will cut off H and C supplies to your sink if you have a combi. Drain pipes as you will have a bit left in the pipes. :D

by draining he means open the taps everywhere, incl upstairs to allow air in, and allow them to drain

The basin in the bedroom will have to be at the required distance away from electrical sockets for safety reasons.
Ask for advice in the sparkys forum. :D

Sponsored Links
""The basin in the bedroom will have to be at the required distance away from electrical sockets for safety reasons.""

I agree that it should be at a safe distance but I did not think that there was actually any minimum distance laid down for a bedroom.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back