cylinder in loft help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi a colleage has moved his cylinder tank into the loft, now the feed(top pipe to the coil)is higher than the cistern is this ok?Also is changing a gravity system to a pump system a difficult task bearing in mind he seems to have a "c-plan" ie a cylinder stat and diverter valve tho i could be wrong!

Sponsored Links
lewis5 said:
Hi a colleage has moved his cylinder tank into the loft, now the feed(top pipe to the coil)is higher than the cistern is this ok?Also is changing a gravity system to a pump system a difficult task bearing in mind he seems to have a "c-plan" ie a cylinder stat and diverter valve tho i could be wrong!

Well, ask the question, "how do you bleed the air out of the pipe if the water source is lower than the pipe?"

Is any task difficult? it depends what you are comparing it with. It's all relative, there's nothing absolute.

thanks nice indepth intructions of how to convert the gravity system would of been better but heh lifes a reeaal bitch eh!

Sponsored Links
lewis5 said:
thanks nice indepth intructions of how to convert the gravity system would of been better but heh lifes a reeaal **** eh!

Morning kev :D ,
life certainly is a biit ch you know, we get people on this forum who want free "plumbing-by-numbers" account of how to re-do their system and they ask naff questions like "My tank's too high, is that OK", and they don't even bother to write a description about their existing system. (You know like wot's in the posts at the top of the forum). Just hope the bloke wot wrote the original post here don't read my reply 'cos 'e'll probably moan about how unhelpful contributors on the forum are.

Still we might get another amusing day reading "drip's" solutions to unemployment and disaffection in the plumbing industry. Ho hum.......
%20burger.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back