Daffodils not flowering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it is probably too late to do anything about it this year but...

I have a number of pots outside my front door with daffodils in. This year I have had lots and lots of green leaves coming up but no flowers.

What is causing this and what can I do about it? :confused:

Any help would be much apreciated as it looks very dull outside at the moment!

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
I've heard a few things about this. First is that they are not getting enough food during the period after flowering - could be due to poor light or cutting the leaves too early. You should never tie them up but let them grow naturally to get as much sunshine as possible before they die back.

The second one (I've never tried this) is to dig them up and split them. Why this should work I don't know but I heard it recently.

I planted a load of daffodils in my back garden a few years back. The ones that get plenty of sunshine have always done well. The ones near bushes and shady spots have failed to flower for a year or so now - they're coming up!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back