Damp Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know, I know, this has been covered a million times in here and I have just read them all, but I would be really grateful if you could help me out with some specific answers.

Just taken up the carpet in the ground floor lounge and discovered what I would call very damp concrete. The rest of the ground floor has very uneven floor and I wanted to know what I ought to do before having new carpet laid in the lounge. I am not overly fussed about the uneven floor, but open to suggestions. It's a rented property and I have no desire to repair the entire house, but I do want to protect the new carpet that I am paying for. I expect to be here for no more than 5 years.

Underlay with DPM?
Just a plastic sheet?
Liquid damp proof screed?

Cheapest, quickest and easiest solution that will acchieve my goal if keeping the carpet in good nick wins! If it costs a fortune then I shall get the landlord to pay, but I don't really want to use up one of my favours on this. Already getting the outside remortared and the inside replastered where it needs it, and there's a new bathroom suite in the offing if I desire.

Many thanks in advance!

Oliver

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back