damp wall by gutter and render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi - i have a damp patch in my extension. the wall paper is wet all the time. There is a gutter on the other side of the damp patch, next to the this is the door with a rotten looking ledge. The brick underneath the ledge looks very crumbly, so i assume that it needs replacing. Is this a job an amateur can do?

How would i go about sorting it out? There are so many products in the stores i dont know where to begin.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
seeing as you've got penetrating damp, a rotten door frame and crumbly brickwork, this is outside the scope of anyone with no knowledge of how things work (as you say "I don't know where to begin")

My advice is get a professional in. Any bodged repairs will only make matters worse and devalue your house.

perhaps the gutter is blocked? causing it to always overflow at this point

Sponsored Links
i don't think the gutter is blocked as there is no water overflowing at any time.

thanks for the advice, i'll look into how much it'll cost to get a professional in for the job.

Could i do any part of the job myself to reduce the cost?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back